Monday, June 18, 2007

First Post!

So here it is. My first post. I started this blog because assorted people like to be kept up to date on my random sewing projects. I received a sewing machine for Christmas 6 months ago and now I've been tackling projects ever since. So far I've made two purses/bags and a quilt. Here is a picture of my first quilt. I am quite proud of it. It was a baby quilt for my cousin. It took me so much time and I liked it so much that I didn't want to give it away! Someday I'll have to make a replica for myself.

Right now I'm about to embark on quilt number 2. I bought the fabric today! I'm going to make another baby quilt (smaller=less time!) using a log cabin block. I was inspired by this beautiful quilt. I've decided oranges and yellows would be my color scheme with a little red thrown in there. I can't wait to start it! Here's the fabric! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OHH I really like the colors you chose for your second quilt! I can't wait to see how this one turns out! :o)

Diana said...

lol, those colors are very reminiscent of the bed spread you used to have...of course it's going to look great

Melting In AZ said...

I love those colors! May I call dibs on it when adopt/have our baby? LOL.

Again, you're the family talent hog.