Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring to Finish

Back at the beginning of April, Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio proposed a "spring to finish" idea.  She was inviting others to join her in finishing up some of her unfinished projects during the month of April.  I decided I'd join in and had grand ideas of what I'd finish.  I often thought, "I should make a list", but did not.  And now that it is the end of April, I have only finished one project and made zero progress on the rest!  Oops! 

Last night I went to a project night with several women from my church and working on stitching the binding onto my Mod Sampler quilt.  I finished it up today after I returned from work.  So my quilt is DONE!  Yay! 

I decided to go with a pieced binding.  It is my first pieced binding actually.    I thought the solid brown with a few of the patterns from the top would tie things together and finish it nicely.  I love how it turned out!  I'm a fan.  :)


Since I made such little progress on my unfinished projects, I think I am going to actually make the list to make some goals to make more progress in May.  So here we go:
  • Black & White & Yellow all over - finish the quilt
  • Chantilly Quilt - finish the top
  • Christmas Quilt:  Start piecing the top, possibly finish making the rest of the blocks for the top
  • New Placemats
  • Finish curtains
I'm hoping to have at least one of these quilts have the binding ready to stitch down for next month's project night.  Since sewing is really my only craft, I need to make sure I have things ready that don't require a sewing machine.  My machine is way too loud to take to a night where chatting is one of the goals of the night.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Congrats on finishing this quilt! I love how it turned out

demoreeann said...

this is so gorgeous, nichole!!

Karen said...

You must be so pleased with how yours turned out. It's beautiful! I'm still working on mine. Good idea to make a to-do list for May..I should do the same. Good luck with yours!

jacquie said...

this is beautiful! inspired by you...i made a list for may...tried to keep it real...we shall see how i do.

Malissa said...

Congrats on the finish! That's gotta feel good. (It certainly LOOKS good!)