Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surprise!


I finished Owen's quilt this afternoon around 1:00. My friend's baby shower started at 3pm. Just in the nick of time. Notice the date on the tag. Three days ago. Owen decided he wanted to make an early debut and was born nearly 5 weeks early. Please pray for Owen and his mommy and daddy. Owen is healthy but is only allowed to go home after he eats and keeps down enough food. Let's pray that is soon!


I am so happy with how this quilt turned out. There were times were I was unsure whether I was going to like when it was finished. I liked it more after the top was completely pieced, but it wasn't until the quilting was finished and the binding was on that I really loved it. The quilting really made the quilt so much and the binding really finished it off well. I chose the dark brown to tie it all together and it seemed to do the job.


I really love the back too. The linear quilting pattern really is just what the simple backing needed to really look good.

2 comments:

jacquie said...

it's beautiful. it's perfect for him i'm sure. in my prayers for sure!

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

I really love the muted tones in this quilt. I have one of these on my list too. Very nicely done!