Thursday, September 3, 2009

Still Alive.

I go through these phases where blogging just doesn't sound appealing.  This is why it has been nearly a month since I have posted anything.  Whoops.  :)

This past weekend my husband and I met some of his family in Petoskey, MI.  We had a nice time spending time with family, seeing a documentary about the Polar Bears of World War I, and enjoying the city.  It's a pretty place.

The fam.
 
Morning sun.
  
Outside the coffee shop downtown.
 


I have been putting my new sewing machine to good use though. I finished stitching the binding onto the Arcadia quilt on the way to Petoskey.

 
A close up.
  
Oh, let's have one more for good measure.
 
 I'm a fan!

3 comments:

demoreeann said...

ah!! i love LOVE the contrast blue back of the quilt and the colors on the front. great job!!

Candace said...

Love your pictures and your quilt. Looks like you're putting that new machine to good use. Sometimes it's nice to get away and it looks like a good time. The documentary sounds very interesting.

Hermione J. Schwartz said...

The pictures in this post brought back a lot of memories. I grew up in MI.

The quilt is beautiful, especially agains the blue water and green grass.

Glad you had a good time. =]