Thursday, May 27, 2010

On the Road to... Summer?

In February I started the "On the Road to Spring" quilt-a-long hosted by Randi.  Well, mine has turned into a "On the Road to Summer" quilt!  This weekend on our way to Traverse City, I was able to work on the binding and completed my second Spring to Finish quilt.


I like it!  It's pretty bright and cheerful!  Very spring/summery. 


I think the back is great.  The main panel is this fabulous print from Prints Charming that is uber soft.  That was actually one of the main reasons why I purchased the fabric in the first place.  Since it wasn't wide enough, I added some Moda Bella Solid in a borderline obnoxious pink.  It actually coordinates with the print really well!  I love it. 


As usual, the quilting is free motion quilting.  So easy and lovely.


I decided I liked the pink solid so much that I decided to bind the quilt with it too. 

All in all, I would say that it is a success!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! On the Road to Summer... it's perfect!

The backing is just as pretty as the front. Nicely done!

Jennifer :)

Leslie said...

i am dying for that fabric you have on the back of this quilt...where did you get it? i love it. this whole quilt looks so pretty. the pattern is amazing

Diane said...

This turned out beautiful!

Brooke said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I am inspired. Can you share what fabrics you used on the front?

Staci said...

What a really great quilt! Thanks for sharing your photos!

Sunshine said...

Very cool quilt :) And the photo-shoot location is amazing - is that where you live? Do you make a special trip to photograph your quilts, or do you just walk out of the back door?

Cheers,
Christine

Karen said...

Your quilt has turned out wonderfully. Better crack on with mine ie get it to the quikter.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Nice finish! I love that backing fabric.

Rebekah said...

I love how this turned out! The colors are great and your quilting is beautiful!

KateKwiltz said...

Great job! And I love it pictured with the dunes in the background!

Traverse City...sigh...is one of my all-time favorite places to visit. I'm jealous!

P.S. If you drive through Grayling, stop at The Ice House!

Unknown said...

That quilt is amazing! I love, love, love the backing fabric!