On our drive to Chicago last weekend, I finished up the binding for the Shade Garden quilt. You might remember my sadness the last time I posted about this quilt.
After the hole in the top, I proceeded to remove all of the quilting. I then went on to remove all of the top pieces I needed to get to the one piece with the hole. Luckily, I had plenty of leftover pieces from when I made the top, so that part was easy. Then I just needed to sew it back together and I was back where I started.
And now, here you have it. The final project.
For the back, I used three of the prints from the Shade Garden line by Michelle Engel Benscko.
I opted for loopy quilting to mimick the loopy pattern in one of the prints. It seemed appropriate.
It is bound with Patty Young's Ta Dot in Teal. I'm a huge fan of the Ta Dot fabrics. They have such wonderfully, rich colors. I actually have purchased several more recently and have them set aside for some upcoming projects. Very exciting.