Thursday, October 1, 2009

Slow to Post

I finished my 9-patch quilt a couple weeks ago.  I love it!  This is the largest quilt I have completed so far at about 65"x88".  It's going to be a great winter snuggling on the couch quilt.  :)



I originally planned to quilt this similarly to the inspiration quilt.  I started that way, but after a several lines, I unfortunately realized my seams didn't line up well enough.  It looked terrible!  So I ripped it all out and went for the all over stipple.  The new machine was great for this!  I loved the extra room and quilting table.  It made it so much easier to maneuver the quilt.  I can't imagine doing this on the old machine!
 
 

For the back I used a light green solid and for the binding I used Kona Cotton Cotton in Caribbean.  I really love the color of the binding. 



Oh, one more for good measure.  :)

 

9 comments:

Leslie said...

this is really beautiful! your quilting looks great and you got some amazing shots

Rebekah said...

this is gorgeous! It's amazing how good scraps can look in a quilt like this.

I've got my squares finished and now have to get started on the actual quilt top sometime soon.

Bobbi said...

Love your quilt! That last shot is great. :)

ali said...

looks so great nichole! i really like the third picture with how you focused it... nice work :)

Frogdancer said...

I'm glad you mentioned the reason why you stippled. I have just finished the same quilt top and my lines are a bit off too. This might just be the answer to my dilemma.

ohnikki said...

This quilts looks awesome! And it's the perfect size to cuddle with your hubby underneath!

Too funny that your hubby's name is Shawn too...just spelled different, like us! My middle name is Jeannine...no match there! Sean's middle name is Thomas and is a Virgo...any similarity there?

diplofam said...

Hi Nichole,
Carin from Margaret's Hope Chest here-just answering your question-if the quilts are completely finished we can accept them until mid-november. If we need to do some work on them we would like them by the end of Oct.
We would love your help!
I love your nine-patch. I just finished one myself and wanted to make another one right away but alas, I had other things to do....

Candace said...

Gorgeous quilt. Your photos really show it off to good advantage.

karen said...

Stunning! Absolutely stunningly gorgeous.