Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Blue

Just in the nick of time, I finished up one last quilt for 2009.  This quilt is made from Amy Butler's Daisy Chain line.  I bought this fabric over a year ago.  I cut the fabric to make this quilt.  Unfortunately, once I had all of the fabric cut, I hated it.  I had the blue and the silver color ways mixed together and it just wasn't working.  I proceeded to stack the pieces and leave them on my bookshelf for several months.  I recently decided to revisit only the blue pieces, add a little white, and viola!  Here you have it. 



I'm really happy with how this has turned out.  I think the boxes and the little bit of white help bring some organization to the busy patterns.  I opted to go with the border to confine the business of the center.  I think it finishes it off nicely.  The finished size is 64"x54".



I was feeling a bit lazy, so the backing is Kona Cotton Ice Frappe.  The binding and inner border are both Kona Cotton Azure.  I'm a big fan of the azure.  It's such a pretty color.

Please excuse the lackluster photos.  Winter has decided to arrive here in Michigan and that means the sun is hiding. :(

5 comments:

Cristin said...

I love this quilt! Looks so cozy, and those Daisy Chain blocks are fabulous - the white was a perfect choice!

Lisa said...

the 'lackluster' weather makes the quilt stand out even more! it looks like a b&w photo with the quilt colored in on the front ... lovely

SuzGuzDesigns said...

Great job, Nichole! Really love what you did with this :)

Rebekah said...

this is beautiful! The white is so crisp and really makes the other patterns pop.

Candace said...

Nothing lackluster about your photos or the quilt. I don't see how it could look any prettier, and all the fabrics in your quilt make it outstanding.