Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sneak Peek

I have every intention to finish this quilt top this weekend. However, our power inexplicably went out on Saturday from 11:30 to 8:30. Not cool, my friends.


I spent a good chunk of last night working on it instead.


I was making good time. I finished sewing the sashing on, making the strips of squares for the border, sewed those on. I was really making progress. My goal of finishing the top before I left this weekend to camp with Shawn's family looked like it might happen.


Then I realized I was out of white muslin and it was too late to go out and buy some more. Looks like this isn't getting finished until next week now! Darn!

4 comments:

demoreeann said...

can't wait to see it!

Tricia said...

Ugh! Just reading your post got me frustrated! I hate when:
1. I run out of bobbin thread an inch or two from the end of the final row.
2. I cut my backing fabric just a little too small.
3. The fat quarters I buy are cut too small and now I don't have enough for the pattern.
4. I buy the wrong batting...online!

Just a few miserable things that have happened to me lately! Here's hoping your week gets better!
Tricia

JRZ Jenn said...

I think it's looking lovely! I can't wait to see the finished product. Aren't 9 patches fun?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

a good classic beauty! nice job!