Saturday, August 25, 2007

Long time, no sewing

It has been a long time since I've done much sewing at all. Back in July I went to visit some friends in Colorado. Then the following weekend I moved. Life since the move has been quite busy between unpacking, wedding planning, and just doing things in general. It has made it difficult to sit down and doing any sewing. However, a week or two ago I started working on my next quilt. I was going to wait until I was done hand quilting my orange quilt, but hand quilting in the 90 degree and super humid Michigan weather was making that take far too long. I've made some headway on the new quilt though. The pattern I am using has quite a few steps- cut some strips, sew them together, cut some more, sew those together, trim, sew some more. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out. This quilt requires so much more cutting than the ones I've done before. Here's a picture of step 3: "Cut some more". If only I had more time to sit down and do some more sewing. I kind of miss it.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Your quilt is going to be very pretty Nichole