Sunday, June 21, 2009

Market Bag

Last week I saw a post on House on Hill Road about these great market bags.  I decided I needed to make myself one and spent Friday night doing so.  I was planning to go to the Farmer's Market with a friend on Saturday morning so clearly I needed a cute new tote.  Right?


The pattern is really great.  Quite easy and there is a picture for every step.  LOVE that! I found the more difficult part was choosing the fabrics to use.  I became abundantly aware of my adversion to taking risks- even in fabric choices!  Hence the heavy use of solids.  Now that I have made my trail run and everything went smoothly, maybe I can branch out and use some patterns.  Gasp!  I'm living on the edge now.  :)

1 comment:

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

Solids are underestimated in my opinion. Nothing beats a good market bag. Thanks for the nice comment on my quilt.