Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

My intention was to have photos of a finished quilt for you today.  I have had this past week off work and it has been wonderful.  I have been sleeping in and doing lots of sewing.  It has really been glorious.

Back to this quilt.  I put together this lovely stack of fabrics.  It is mostly Michelle Engel Benscko's Shade Garden with a few other patterns mixed in.


I opted for a baby sized quilt using a zig zag pattern and some loopy quilting.  The quilting was going quick, but about the quarter of the way through my thread ran out.  I discovered the end of thread was knotted around the spool (why???) and that ultimately lead to a broken needle.  Unfortunately, before I could realize what happened the blunt end of the needle had done its damage- there was a small hole in the top of my quilt.  :(

So now, as I'm off to go spend several hours with my seam ripper, I'll leave you with this.


On a more exciting note, check back soon as my next post is my 100th and that calls for a celebratory giveaway!  :)

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

yuck...I hate it when my machine wrecks my sewing.

Love the fabrics that you collected for this though and hope that everything works out ok

pippinsequim said...

I'm so sorry that happened! I totally know that sinking feeling when you realize something just happened in seconds that is going to take hours to fix. It is going to be so beautiful when you finish, though.

Lynda said...

Beautiful fabrics. Sorry about the misshap. Hope it doesn't take too long to fix.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Ugh! Machine quilting can be so fun . . . and so frustrating too!

Karen said...

I like what I see!

Heidi said...

Nichole, I'm so glad you are joining the Sew-in on the 15th.

Your fabs in this post are so pretty.