Friday, January 22, 2010

Pre-Vacation

This weekend Shawn and I are heading to the Chicago-area to spend some time with his family.  I decided to take today off work to get a few things done around the house and to have a little relaxation before heading out for the weekend.


I figured this was a great time to make some progress on our niece's quilt.  You know, the one with the colors of a peacock.  :) 




Even after the sexy hexy debacle, I decided that I still liked the hexagon idea.  Only this time, I opted for half hexagons.  Much easier and much less craziness.  I used the method shown here at Comfort Stitching.  The only difference is that I decided to use large hexagons to better show off the prints.





I think this is coming along nicely- if I do say so myself.

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

I totally agree with you, the hexagons look great - so you're not the only one saying so :)

Cheers,
Christine

sweetlittleknits said...

Where is Shawn's family from? I hope you guys have a great time out here!

Libby said...

That looks Great! I have never seen hexagon's made that way! I love it!
Have a great vacation!
LIbby

ali said...

i can't wait to see this in person!

Rebekah said...

love how this is coming along! The hexagons look great and that line of fabric is so pretty

call me crazy said...

Very cute! Love the hex's. :-)