Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pinwheels: Week Two

Week Two for the Pinwheel Sampler.  I have thoroughly enjoyed making these pinwheel blocks so far.


I decided to do a little experiment with this pink block to see how much of a difference it makes to square up those half square triangles.


It's not too bad, but the green one is definitely better. It actually made a huge difference before I squared up the finished block. I suppose I'll be squaring up all of those pesky little half square triangles in the future.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful Blocks! I hate squaring up and cutting those ears off, but, sometimes its a must.

Leslie said...

squaring is no fun but it always makes such a huge difference...these both look great though

Anonymous said...

I've given up on sewing the perfect 1/4", and instead make my half square triangles a smidge bigger, then trim them to size. Yes, trimming is a pain, but it makes such a difference in the finished block.
Just a question... are the pinwheels supposed to be going different directions?