Saturday, April 30, 2016

Quilting Weekend- Here I Come!

This weekend I'm off to spend the weekend quilting away with my mother-in-law. I can't wait! This will be our third time doing this. The previous two times have been so fun and productive.

On the first year I completed our Christmas stockings. They were a surprising amount of work! I did NOT expect them to take the entire weekend!


On our second trip I worked on my Christmas advent calendar. I finished about half of it during our weekend. This was also a TON of work that it didn't expect to take the entire weekend. I sense a theme here! The end product was finished shortly before the beginning of advent and it was truly beautiful!


This year I'm breaking the Christmas theme and working on baby girl projects! Hooray! I have a stack of lovely feminine prints from the Lavish line by Katarina Roccella.

In keeping with my overly optimistic theme of what I can accomplish, I'm planning to work on a quilt, a crib skirt, a changing pad cover, and possibly work on piecing the diamonds on baby girl's stocking. I should be able to accomplish all of that in one weekend... right? RIGHT?! We will see how much progress I actually make, but one thing is certain, it will be more than I accomplish being at home!

1 comment:

Shah Sazib said...

I love this design. I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.