Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Scrappy Bee: June

For June in the scrap busting bee, Jennifer sent us some great fabrics and asked for scrappy flying geese.  I'm a big fan of flying geese (as you can tell from this work in progress), so I was happy to oblige. I'm really happy with how they turned out!


The first block I made was simply half square triangles strategically laid out. 


The second block I made using this tutorial.  It is actually the same method I am using to make the flying geese for my Christmas quilt. 


Now, since July is my month in both of my bees, I need to figure out what I'd like everyone to make.  Decisions, decisions. 

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh! I love them! You are great and I love your Christmas Geese quilt...

Jennifer :)

Terriaw said...

Love how you coordinated the scrappy looks in both of these blocks! I just finished a flying geese block for one of my quilting bee partners too. Sure is a fun block to make, but I love the way you arranged yours!

Kaelin said...

ooh...the Good Folks prints really shine here! love it!

Laurel H. said...

These are very nice! I am NOT a big fan of flying geese; the idea of sewing all of those HSTs and then matching points (does one match points in a flying geese block?) makes me break out in a cold sweat. You are my hero!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great blocks! ;-)

Rebekah said...

Pretty blocks! Your geese look so perfect! I really like the fabric she used.