In my quest to be caught up in my quilting bees, last night I finished May's block for my scrap busting bee. Tammie sent us a bunch of great scraps to make a wall hanging for a child's bedroom. She posted this block for inspiration and left it pretty open ended. The only requirement was that it had to include some of the fabric with the people.
Here's the first block I made. Pretty simple. I wanted to make the block like beads and letting the kids be the main focus.
The second one I decided to go for showcasing more of the scraps. I am very happy with how this one turned out. A block with so many scraps can tend to look really busy, but I like how the solid pieces break it up and tame it a bit.
Now, tonight I'm setting out to finish up the June scrappy blocks for Jennifer. I love being this productive!