Last night I have a handful of friends over for some sewing. I had grand intentions of making this a "Christmas in July" event (at least for myself) and was hoping to make some serious progress on my Christmas quilt.
I had already sewn some squares onto my pieces to make more flying geese and went right into cutting them. I had quite the stack growing and I was applauding myself for my work and had visions of glorious rows of green flying geese. Unfortunately, once I went to start ironing them I realized I had sewn the entire stack incorrectly! This means I need to spend a lot of time with the seam ripper and that large glorious stack now. Had I not been sewing with friends who lightened the mood, I may have shed some tears. I am really bummed.
I then proceeded to wander aimlessly throughout my home to find a new project to work on to no avail. Not due to the lack of projects in the works, but because I couldn't find all of the pieces to any of them! At the evening all I have to show is this, a teeny little stack of squares for hexagons from fabric I purchased in Hawaii.