There has been a fair amount of progress on the hexagons around here. I have been trying to take them with me whenever we're going to be in the car. It has paid off because I am now up to 465 hexagons. Thankfully, it makes my storage box look less pathetic. Except for the purple, that still looks pathetic. :)
I have even been able to start piecing them together as well. I decided on the "organized random" layout for now. I like the randomness not only because it looks great but it also allows me to piece as I go. Another bonus is that if I change my mind again I can always rearrange the flowers into the color wave pattern. It seems win-win at this point.